MLS Policy for Entering Listings after the Sale
If a member is part of a sale that is not listed in the MLS, the listing may be entered into the MLS for comp and statistical purposes. The member must have been either the Listing Agent or Selling Agent.
- The listing should be entered with the member as the listing agent, regardless of whether or not the member was on the listing or selling side.
- The listing should contain all pertinent information that would assist other members in utilizing this listing as a comp.
- The member must disclose in agent to agent remarks that this listing was entered for comp purposes only.
- Once the listing is entered as Active, it must be immediately put into Pending, and then to Sold.
- Unless the member was both a Listing and Selling Agent, the Selling Agent must be set to Outside Member, and their information must be disclosed in the Sales Notes.